WHAT OUR PROJECT IS ABOUT

The Westman Softball Association along with the Westman Adult Orthodox Leagues, Brandon Slo-Pitch League and the Westman Old-Timers have undertaken a project to build a new softball facility in the City of Brandon. This project will:

 

-address the growing need for ball diamonds in the City,

-replace facilities recently lost around the City.

-provide safe playing conditions for all softball enthusiasts.

-provide a venue to host tournaments, Provincial, Western and National championships

-increase economic benefits for the community through additional softball events.

 

The planned facility will include 4 full-sized diamonds and 4 mini diamonds for youth ages 4-12, a canteen and washrooms.

                                                  NEWS

2017 U16 WESTERN CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS

Come on out

 

Thurs August 10th to Sunday August 13th

 

Come out and catch the action

 

Gate Fee: 

 

$30/person for the weekend

or

$10/person for the day.

 

Children under 12 are free.

C21 WESTMAN COMMUNITY GOLF TOURNAMENT

Thanks to the generous support given by local businesses and participants for the annual #C21WestmanCommunity Golf Tournament. CENTURY 21 Westman.com Ltd. was able to donate $5,000 to the project! "We are all happy to be able to assist the Ashley Neufeld Softball Complex with being the recipient of the proceeds from our golf tournament this year.  Our purpose for the golf tournament is to help out those Westman charities that are working at creating healthy living communities," said Ray Brownlee, Broker/Partner.  "It is a great feeling to know that our contributions go directly towards helping our local communities be strong."

The #C21WestmanCommunity fundraiser has been held in Brandon for the past 32 years!  With the help of many sponsorships and participating golfer the event has raised over $100,000 over those 32 years.  

The Rotary Club of Brandon #1344 steps up to the plate again

Cheryl Winger (centre), Incoming President of The Rotary Club of Brandon #1344 presents a $15,000. cheque to Brett Turner, Chairman-Ashley Neufeld Softball Complex and witnessed by Trudy Hemstad, (right) Chairman-Grants Committee, The Rotary Club of Brandon.

The Rotary Club of Brandon #1344, in support of the Ashley Neufeld Softball Complex, presented this $15,000. to this project, as part of their overall planned contribution to be $100,000.  To date, with this recent $15,000., The Rotary Club of Brandon #1344 has completed 70 % of it’s funding commitment to the project .  The Rotary Club will have the #4 diamond which is in the southeast corner of the complex.

                               

Cando Rail Services and Gord & Diane Peters 

In the fall of 2015 Cando Rail Services and Gord & Diane Peters issued a challenge to the rest of the community help us in the final phase of getting the diamonds built. Thanks to their efforts we raised $24, 743 !!

 

Gord & Diane Peters have matched this amount with a donation of $25,000 and Cando Rail Services have increased a previous donation up to $25,000!!! 

 

Many thanks to everyone who donated !!!

Sod for Softball Campaign

Our first fund-raising project is:

 

Sod for Softball Campaign

 

Buy a yard of sod for $10. Buy as many yards as you like. All contributions will be acknowledged on site. Cheques should be made payable and mailed to:

 

Ashley Neufeld Softball Complex Inc.

P.O. Box 50011

Brandon, MB R7A 7E4

 

More information will be coming soon, but if you want to contribute now, please contact:

 

Westman Softball Association by  email: ashleyneufcomplex@live.ca  or call 204-725-1909.

National Sport Trust Fund

We are pleased to announce that our project has been approved by the National Sport Trust Foundation. The National Sport Trust Fund (NSTF) is a philanthropic gift-giving program established through the Canadian Council of Provincial and Territorial Sport Federations (CCPTSF) for the development of amateur sport. 

 

As a registered Canadian Amateur Athletic Association the NSTF can issue an official tax receipt for all qualifying voluntary donations of greater than $50.

 

So if you want to voluntarily donate to our project and get a charitable donation receipt, please make your donation to the NSTF.  95% of that donation will then be directed to our project. The NSTF keeps the remaining 5% for administering this program. 

 

Unfortunately, we have only been approved from this point forward, so all previous donations will not qualify.

 

If you are interested in donating through this process all cheques must be made payable to:

CCPTSF - MB.

Each cheque must come with its own donation form.  See below

Mail to:
Canadian Council of Provincial & Territorial Sport Federations Inc.
National Sport Trust Fund – Manitoba Chapter
145 Pacific Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3B 2Z
NTSF Form.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [154.8 KB]